February 2021 / Event Reports
On 9 February 2021, EASE and Batteries Europe welcomed more than 200 participants to discuss the future of batteries, the challenges currently faced by battery manufacturers, and possible solutions to foster the EU leadership in the battery storage field.
February 2021 / Activity Reports
EASE Activity Report 2020
2020 was a significant year for EASE and the energy storage sector.
With a bigger Secretariat than ever before, 2020 was to be our most productive year yet, full of meetings, and networking with policymakers and EASE members.
We worked hard to drive forward the EU policy agenda to support energy storage deployment and were happy to see that, despite the challenges posed by the pandemic, EU policymakers stayed true to their climate ambitions and prepared dozens of European Green Deal proposals, from the Renovation Wave to the Just Transition Fund.
Among many other things, here are some of our achievements in 2020:
• We strengthened our ties with EU policymakers and joined several new alliances: the Clean Hydrogen Alliance, Batteries European Partnership Association, International Forum on Pumped Hydro Storage, and more.
• In collaboration with Delta-ee, we issued the fourth edition of the European Market Monitor on Energy Storage, with more data and information on market and policy developments than ever before.
• More and better services to members: we launched our new EASE website, revamped our Members Only Section, and launched the twice-monthly policy update newsletter.
• Moving to remote work, we held many webinars and networking events for members, covering topics such as energy storage in Ukraine, the Innovation Fund, the launch of new flexibility services in Italy, and many others.
• 16 organisations became EASE members, adding to our diverse and innovative membership base.