Asset aims at creating a sustainable and scalable ecosystem, a community, where several actors can collaborate and exchange resources to cultivate and better exploit all the competencies required for the energy transition.
This ecosystem/community would involve all energy transition and education stakeholders: companies from the energy sector, universities and training actors, authorities and policymakers, and society. ASSET will also involve actors that can fuel interdisciplinary research and reach out to society. This would allow the creation of research, innovation, and educational (RIE) services for businesses and society at large.
This community will deliver the conceptual framework and means to define the knowledge-competencies-skills required for the energy transition and to efficiently educate and train large numbers of people in diverse and interdisciplinary topics. To do so, ASSET relies on a collaborative approach and resource pooling thanks to the just mentioned ecosystem. This goal will be achieved in 3 phases.
- The ecosystem will identify the knowledge, skill, and competencies gaps in the addressed fields in order to design appropriate RIE services to fill them.
- The ecosystem will develop the RIE services. Educational actors will define the services (educational and research programmes) aimed at students, citizens, workforce, unemployed people that address the previously identified gaps, adopting interdisciplinary approaches and relying on a strong collaboration between academia and industry.
- The ecosystem will deliver the developed RIE services to the targeted actors across EU universities, companies from the energy sector and the EU societies. ASSET will collect feedback to refine its offerings and define concrete ASSET sustainability plans.
In a nutshell, ASSET will produce significant societal and policy change and help achieve a low-carbon society.
EASE will be responsible for leading the activities of ASSET’s network expansion connecting the consortium with relevant industry and research groups. Overall, the association will support the partners in all other activities, including:
- Organisation of stakeholder workshops/working groups, other communication and disseminations tasks;
- Promotion of the project at European level about encouraging the replication of the project, and identification of objectives and guide lines for achieving them.
Funding programme: EU Horizon 2020
Grant agreement n°: 854472
Call identifier: H2020-LC-SC3-2018-2019-2020
Duration: 2019 – 2021
For more information please contact Mr Emin Aliyev (email@example.com)