April 2015 / Policy Papers - Responses to Public Consultations
EASE submitted a response to ACER’s call for comments on the Network Code on Emergency and Restoration. EASE, the European Association for Storage of Energy, calls for a level playing field for all the services energy storage can render to the system.
September 2015 / Policy Papers - Responses to Public Consultations
Heating and Cooling Strategy
EASE participated to the Heating and Cooling Forum organised by the European Commission.
EASE appreciates the opportunity to comment in advance on the Issue Papers provided by the Commission in preparation of the ad hoc Heating and Cooling Consultation Forum taking place on Wednesday, 9 September 2015. The Issue Papers are extremely well written and interesting. We are pleased to see that the Commission is working in the area of heating and cooling strategy and we are committed to responding to any ensuing communications/consultations from the Commission in this area.
Key messages EASE highlighted at its intervention at the Forum:
- Heat storage has been underestimated in the strategy
- Smart electric thermal storage is not mentioned
- Storage could help balance energy supply and demand, and help with peak shaving
- Storage should be seen as a decarbonisation tool
- Necessity of coherence between Directives, e.g. Ecodesign directive could eliminate heating technologies including storage