23 October 2023 @ 15:00 - 17:00
Long-Duration Energy Storage: Charting Pathways for More Renewables in Europe?
EASE is glad to support the High-Level Round Table, organised by the Energy Storage Coalition, that is taking place on 23 October from 15:00 – 17:00 CEST online. The webinar will be hosted by Breakthrough Energy Europe and will address the role of long-duration energy storage in charting pathways for more renewable energies in Europe.
The event will kick off with the presentation of two studies on long-duration energy storage developed by Aurora Energy Research earlier this year. The studies looked into regulatory frameworks, impactful business models, and best practices in Germany, France, Spain, Italy, and Great Britain.
A roundtable between industry representatives and policymakers will follow to discuss the findings of Aurora’s studies as well as lessons learned for shaping an EU energy system favourable for long-duration energy storage.
- Simon Bretschneider – Research and Business Analyst, Federal Agency for Disruptive Innovation SPRIN-D
- Alejandro Zerain – Energy Analyst, Aurora Energy Research
- Vasiliki Klonari – Head of Energy System Integration, WindEurope
- Ramya Swaminathan – CEO, Malta Inc
- Stephan Herrmann – CEO, Reverion
- Ben Potter – SVP Strategy, Corporate Development & Investor Relations, Energy Dome
- Christian Barba – International Business Development and Storage Director, EDP Renewables
- Albert Riera – Advisor to the Spanish Energy Minister
- Philipp Offenberg – Senior Manager Europe, Breakthrough Energy
The Energy Storage Coalition is an organisation constituted of four key clean energy actors: SolarPower Europe, The European Association for Storage of Energy, WindEurope, and Breakthrough Energy. The Coalition aims at accelerating the decarbonisation of the European energy system by increasing the deployment of sustainable and clean energy storage solutions to support renewables.