07.09.2023 / News Press Releases
On 7 September 2023, the ITRE Committee adopted the draft report for the Critical Raw Materials Act (CRMA) of the rapporteur Nicola Beer. EASE is delighted to welcome the legislative development of the upcoming Critical Raw Materials Act as a step towards more sustainable, sovereign and fair energy transition in Europe.
12.09.2023 / News
A Step-by-Step Guide to the ESGC 2023
The Energy Storage Global Conference (ESGC) 2023, organised by EASE, is bringing together industry professionals, researchers, and policymakers for crucial discussions on energy storage. Register now at www.esgc.org to secure your spot.
In its sixth edition since its launch in 2014, ESGC 2023 is scheduled for 10-12 October 2023, at Hotel Le Plaza in Brussels. Over three days, it will unite leading figures from the energy storage sector for in-depth conversations on critical topics, including regulatory frameworks, the evolving storage market, and technological advancements.
From a carefully curated program (accessible here) to esteemed speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, and participants, excellence permeates every aspect of the conference, facilitated by EASE. Located in Brussels, the heart of European policymaking, ESGC serves as a vital forum for industry leaders, innovators, researchers, and official representatives from Europe and around the world to collaborate on energy storage deployment.
Tuesday 10 October – Day 1: Policy
Day 1 begins with opening remarks from EASE President David Post and Secretary General Patrick Clerens, featuring presentations and panel discussions with distinguished speakers. Policy Day offers insights into shaping future projects, including the Electricity Market Design, the US Inflation Reduction Act, EU energy storage subsidies, and more. Networking breaks provide opportunities to connect and explore innovations at exhibitor booths.
Day 1 concludes with an Opening Dinner at the Centre for Fine Arts | Bozar. This ideal networking event is free for all ESGC 2023 participants.
Wednesday 11 October – Day 2: Market
The second day provides perspectives on markets, with speakers representing European Institutions and international companies. They will delve into energy storage investments, emerging markets, successful business cases, and industry trends. If you're torn between parallel sessions, fret not; post-event, you can access conference recordings on our online platform – just remember to register!
Extend your networking opportunities and savour a delectable dinner with fellow ESGC delegates at the Théâtre du Vaudeville during the Gala Dinner, commencing at 19:00. To partake in this exceptional event, secure your Gala Dinner extra ticket at www.esgc.org.
Thursday 12 October – Day 3: Technology
Day 3 explores energy storage technologies, presented by industry-leading experts in collaboration with the European Commission's Joint Research Centre. The day includes a keynote address by Piotr Szymański, Director of the Joint Research Centre, unveiling the JRC's vision for energy storage. Topics include recycling and repurposing, energy data sharing, thermal energy storage, and the latest innovations.
We look forward to meeting you in Brussels on 10-12 October at ESGC 2023!
Confirmed speakers and moderators include
Day 1 – Policy, 10 October
- Mechthild Wörsdörfer, Deputy Director-General at European Commission - DG ENER
- Nicolás González Casares, MEP at European Parliament
- Morten Helveg Petersen, MEP at European Parliament
- Maria da Graça Carvalho, MEP at European Parliament
- Annamaria Marchi, Deputy Head of Unit, Internal Energy Market at European Commission - DG ENER
- Aurélien Ballagny, Head of Policy at Energy Storage Coalition
- Emma Wiesner, MEP at European Parliament
- Marion Labatut, Director of European Affairs at EDF
- Alejandro Donnay, Deputy Head of Unit at European Commission - DG COMP
- Leonardo Meeus, Director at Florence School of Regulation
- Sonya Twohig, Secretary-General at ENTSO-E, the European Network of Transmission System Operator for Electricity
- Dr. Werner Götz, CEO at TransnetBW
- Jan Kostevc, Energy Infrastructure Team leader at European Union Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators (ACER)
Day 2 – Market, 11 October
- Christophe Grudler, MEP at European Parliament
- Esmeralda Colombo, MSCA Leader for Energy Storage at CMCC Milan
- Baptiste Buet, EU Business Unit Director at InnoEnergy
- Tony Dorazio, VP International Growth at Hydrostor
- Michele Pissarello, Head of Sales B2B at ENEL X
- Jon Ferris, Head of Flexibility and Storage at LCP Delta
- Luca Manzella, VP BD EMEA at Energy Vault
- Jan Andersson, Director Market Development at Sumitomo
- Wim van Helden, Thermal Energy Storage Senior Expert at AEE - Institute for Sustainable Technologies
- Julia Souder, CEO at Long Duration Energy Storage Council
- Marc Oman, Principal, Energy & Infrastructure at Google
- Gilda Amorosi, Senior Programme Manager - Energy & Sustainability at Microsoft
- Killian Daly, Executive Director at EnergyTag
- Nick Bitsios, Head of Office at Mytilineos
- Annie Scanlan, Policy & Impact Director at RE-Source Platform
- Attila Steiner, State Secretary for Energy and Climate Policy at Hungarian Ministry of Energy
- Malgorzata Kozak, Director of Department (Director of Markets Development & Consumer Issues) at Poland Energy Regulatory Office
- Nadiia Petruchenko, Chief Business Officer at SPP Development Ukraine
- Rimvydas Štilinis, CEO at Energy Cells
- Silvestros Vlachopoulos, Energy Storage Research Manager at LCP Delta
Day 3 – Technology, 12 October
- Piotr Szymański, Director for Energy, Mobility and Climate at Joint Research Centre, European Commission
- Fabrice Mathieux, Research Staff at European Commission - JRC (Joint research Centre)
- Martina Lyons, Associate Programme Officer at International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
- Bjarke Buchbjerg, CTO at Kyoto Group
- Carla Barrera, Director Business Development and Marketing – Energy Storage at SLB
- Jef Cornelis, Project Engineering dept. Coordinator at Avery Dennison
- Jürgen Möllmann, Business Development Manager at Honeywell
- Tiago Sousa, ESS Product Safety Manager at Saft
- Neill Parkinson, Business Development and Product Manager Europe at Jinko Solar
- Jennie Condron, Policy and Research Analyst at Energy Storage Ireland (ESI)
…and many more!
View the full ESGC 2023 Preliminary Programme here.
For more information, visit www.esgc.org.
ESGC 2023 Sponsors