20.09.2022 / News
The passing of the revision of Renewable Energy Directive in the EU Parliament’s ITRE committee is a key milestone in the implementation of the Fit for 55 goals. RED III revision strengthens the deployment of energy storage with new targets, but further work is required for an EU-wide energy storage strategy.
20.09.2022 / News
Winter Is Coming – Register Now For The ESGC 2022!
The Energy Storage Global Conference 2022 (ESGC), organised by EASE, in collaboration with European Commission’s Joint Research Centre, is less than three weeks away! Winter is coming, and along with recent events, there is no better time than the present to unite industry, researchers, and policymakers, and foster the dialogue on energy storage. Place your products and messages in the hands of prospective clients from leading companies and policymakers, and register at www.esgc.org.
First launched in 2014, this fifth edition of the ESGC will gather key representatives during three days, in Brussels at Hotel Le Plaza, on 11-13 October 2022, to exchange views on key issues faced by the energy storage sector. Each day will address, through in-depth panel discussions, keynote speeches, and presentations, delivered by energy storage experts, the regulatory and policy frameworks, the future of the storage market, and the latest developments in energy storage technologies. The ESGC is a major platform for industry representatives, innovators, researchers and representatives from European Institutions and national governments, to exchange views and recommendations to further the deployment of energy storage.
Quality, rather than quantity, has always been the focus of the ESGC editions, whether it be related to the programme, speakers, sponsors, exhibitors and participants. Through the ESGC, EASE offers delegates memorable networking opportunities in an accessible and central location: Brussels, the heart of European policymaking – gathering key representatives from the energy storage sector from all over the world. It’s a one-of-a-kind event, and this is made clear through the unique programme and activities you can expect at each ESGC.
11 October – Day 1: Policy
After a networking reception in the magnificent halls of Hotel Le Plaza, Policy Day will be launched by Maroš Šefčovič, Vice-President of the European Commission, followed by noteworthy presentations and panel discussions, which include speakers and moderators from the European Parliament, the European Commission, EASE members, such as Enel X and EDF, as well as key actors of the energy system and energy storage sector. Interested in learning about the policies that will govern your projects in the upcoming years? – There’s not one session you’ll want to miss. Networking breaks will take place in between sessions, during which, delegates can connect and visit company representatives at their exhibition booths and learn about their latest innovations. Day 1 will conclude with an Opening Dinner, in an exceptional Art Nouveau location, the Belgian Comic Strip Centre. Open to all ESGC 2022 participants, this informal networking event is the place to develop lasting connections within the energy storage community. You will also have free access to the Comic Strip exhibitions! But don’t get carried away, two days of compelling conference sessions await you!
12 October – Day 2: Market
During Market Day, speakers from the European Investment Bank, the European Commission, but also from all over the world, will address the most important opportunities and challenges linked to energy storage investments and emerging markets, and will provide insight on successful business cases and major trends. In case you’re not sure which parallel session to attend – you can always view the Conference recordings after the event has ended on the online platform – just don’t forget to register! Get your Gala Dinner Pass at www.esgc.org to further network and enjoy a divine dinner with your favourite ESGC delegates in the beautiful Atrium of the BELvue Museum! Dress code: business casual.
13 October – Day 3: Technology
Discover the latest cutting-edge energy storage technologies, presented by leading experts of the sector, along with the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre, on Day 3 of the ESGC. In a keynote speech delivered by Piotr Szymański, Director of the Joint Research Centre, the JRC’s vision for energy storage will be developed, followed by topics such as optimising and transforming infrastructures, combined-energy storage technologies, long duration energy storage, raw materials, interoperability and digitalisation – to name a few!
Indicate your interest in joining the Energy Storage Site Visit in Ruien, the largest battery energy storage system in Belgium (25 MW / 100 MWh) when registering for the Conference, or sign up for the Parlamentarium visit, that will bring you on a journey through European history and integration, to learn more about how the European Parliament works, and explore how MEPs strive to meet future challenges.
So who would you like to meet at ESGC 2022?
We look forward to meeting you in Brussels on 11-13 October!
Confirmed speakers and moderators include
Day 1 – Policy, 11 October
- Maroš Šefčovič, Vice-President of the European Commission
- Claudia Gamon, MEP, European Parliament
- David Post, EASE President and Head of Energy Storage Solutions at Enel X
- Catharina Sikow-Magny, Director at DG ENER, European Commission
- Aleandre Perra, Group Senior Executive Vice-President, Innovation, Strategy and Planning at EDF
- Julian Jansen, Growth and Market Development Director at Fluence
- Alexandra Sdoukou, Ministry for the Environment, Energy and Climate Change
- Stefan Moser, Head of Unit at DG ENER, European Commission
- Roberto Zangrandi, Secretary-General of E.DSO
- Rob Vandenboer, Evapco Europe
Day 2 – Market, 12 October
- Manuel Baritaud, European Investment Bank
- Mechthild Wörsdörfer, Deputy Director-General at DG ENER, European Commission
- Philipp Offenberg, Breakthrough Energy
- Kane Thornton, Clean Energy Council
- Gerard Reid, Alexa Capital
- Reji Kumar Pillai, India Smart Grid Forum
- Michael Villa, SmartEN
- Evangelos Kotsakis, Joint Research Centre, European Commission
- Jürgen Mayerhofer, Enspired Trading
- Kristian Ruby, Eurelectric
Day 3 – Technology, 13 October
- Piotr Szymański, Joint Research Centre, European Commission
- Jurgen Sachau, Joint Research Centre, European Commission
- Gabriele Buccini, Wärtsilä
- Alexander Schoenfeldt, CellCube
- Rupert Pearce, Highview Power
- Julia Souder, LDES Council
- Giuseppe Casubolo, SQM
- Antonius Manders, European Parliament
- Giulio La Pera, ENTSO-E
- Fulvio Ardente, Joint Research Centre, European Commission
- Camilla Nilsson, Kyoto Group
- Vincent Berrutto, Head of Unit at DG ENER, European Commission
…and many more!
View the full ESGC 2022 Preliminary Programme here.
For more information, visit www.esgc.org.
ESGC 2022 Sponsors