EASE Recommendations on Sectoral Integration Through Power-to-Gas/Power-to-Liquid
EASE has published its recommendations on Sectoral Integration Through Power-to-Gas/Power-to-Liquid (PtG/PtL) that would help in overcoming some key regulatory barriers that are still blocking developments in the PtG and PtL sectors:
- Developing a certification system for production pathways of Green Hydrogen and Green Synthetic Fuels.
- Developing comprehensive and fair life cycle assessment (LCA) methodologies for assessing GHG emission savings from renewable and low carbon fuels in the overall system to evaluate an adequate remuneration scheme for those savings.
- Promoting sectoral integration by reducing the barriers between the different energy and economic systems (mobility, industries, heating, etc.). This includes especially those fees and taxes applied when energy is transferred from one sector to another.
- Developing a coherent remuneration system for flexibility services.
- Creating a level playing field for Green Hydrogen and green fuels/blending components when used in refineries or during the fuel production process by classifying them as advanced biofuels under the revised Renewable Energy Directive (RED).
- Reducing the economic gap by promoting, especially through EU funds, the development of pilot projects.
Read the full paper here…