Public Consultation: EASE and EERA Energy Storage Roadmap
The European Association for Storage of Energy (EASE) and the Joint Programme on Energy Storage under the European Energy Research Alliance (EERA) have come together to draft an updated Energy Storage Technology Development Roadmap.
The roadmap provides a comprehensive overview of the energy storage technologies being developed in Europe today and identifies the RD&D needs in the coming decades. On this basis, the roadmap provides recommendations for R&D policies and regulatory changes needed to support the development and large-scale deployment of energy storage technologies. The aim is to inform policymakers for research, innovation, and demonstration in the energy storage sector in order to further strengthen Europe’s research and industrial competitiveness in the energy storage industry. This updated roadmap comes four years after the publication of the first joint EASE-EERA technology development roadmap on energy storage.
EASE and EERA are pleased to launch a public consultation on the draft Energy Storage Technology Development Roadmap. We wish to include a wide range of views from stakeholders, as this is an important element to ensure a comprehensive and constructive document. All interested stakeholders with a stake in the development of the European energy storage industry are therefore welcome to participate in this public consultation.
The documents for consultation are available below. You may download and provide feedback on the entire roadmap, or you may choose to review only certain chapters.
We kindly ask you to provide clear, detailed feedback on the draft roadmap by proposing modifications to the text using track changes.
More general feedback can also be provided via e-mail. However, please keep in mind that specific, concrete feedback will be easier for EASE and EERA to integrate into the roadmap text.
Please send the documents containing your comments and modifications to Brittney Becker (EASE Policy Officer) at email@example.com no later than Friday, 17 February 2017 (EOB).
Following the public consultation, a one-day workshop is foreseen on Wednesday, 15 March 2017, in Brussels. To register, please click here.
The workshop will provide an opportunity for stakeholders to learn more about the roadmap effort, to provide and discuss feedback, and to agree on any open questions brought up in the course of the public consultation. The public consultation document with the merged comments and changes will be distributed to workshop participants prior to the workshop.
Full EASE/EERA Roadmap (click here to download the full roadmap)
- Summary (click here to download)
- Methodology and Overview (click here to download)
- Mission and Objectives of the Roadmap (click here to download)
- European and Global Policy as a Driver for Energy Storage Demand (click here to download)
- The Need for Energy Storage, Applications, and Potentials in Europe (click here to download)
- Energy Storage Technologies
- Chemical Energy Storage (click here to download)
- Electrochemical Energy Storage (click here to download)
- Electrical Energy Storage (click here to download)
- Mechanical Energy Storage (click here to download)
- Thermal Energy Storage (click here to download)
- Market Design and Policy Recommendations (click here to download)
- Recommendations and Proposed Timeline for Activities (click here to download)
If you have any questions or require additional information, please contact Brittney Becker via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (+32 2 743 29 82).